Contextual Related Posts is a powerful WordPress plugin that allows you to display a list of related posts on your website and in your feed.
Contextual Related Posts list is based on the content of the title and/or content of the posts which makes them more relevant and more likely to be of interest to your readers.
Contextual Related Posts allows you to retain visitors, reduce bounce rates and refresh old entries.
Contextual Related Posts is one of the most feature rich WordPress related posts plugins with support for thumbnails, shortcodes, widgets, custom post types and CSS styles.
Contextual Related Posts FEATURES
- Automatic – CRP will start displaying related posts on your site and feed automatically after the content when you activate the plugin.
- Manual install
- Gutenberg / Block Editor support
- Widgets – Add related posts to widgetized area of your theme.
- Shortcode – Use [ crp ] to display the posts anywhere you want in the post content
- REST API – Fetch related posts at contextual-related-posts/v1/posts/<id>/
- The algorithm – Find related posts by title and/or content of the current post
- Caching – Related posts output is automatically cached as visitors browse through your site
- Exclusions – Exclude posts from categories from being displayed in the list.
- Custom post types – The related posts list lets you include posts, pages, attachments or any other custom post type!
- Thumbnail support:
- Support for WordPress post thumbnails.
- Auto-extract the first image in your post to be displayed as a thumbnail
- Manually enter the URL of the thumbnail via WordPress meta fields.
- Optionally, use timthumb to resize images or use your own filter function to resize post images
- Styles – The output is wrapped in CSS classes which allows you to easily style the list.
- Customisable output:
- Display excerpts in post. You can select the length of the excerpt in words
- Customise which HTML tags to use for displaying the output in case you don’t prefer the default list format
- Extendable code – CRP has tonnes of filters and actions that allow any developer to easily add features, edit outputs, etc.