Breadcrumbs on a WordPress website present a simple path that the visitors could follow from their current location to the previous pages, all the way to the home page.
Using breadcrumbs on your site has 2 benefits:
- It improves user experience by telling your visitors on which page they’re relative to the homepage.
- In terms of SEO, it enables you to show a breadcrumb trail in the search results, which makes your site stand out.
As a result, visitors can easily go back to any of the pages that lie in the path to the top-level pages.
Breadcrumb NavXT By John Havlik
Breadcrumb NavXT, the successor to the popular WordPress plugin Breadcrumb Navigation XT, was written from the ground up to be better than its ancestor. Breadcrumb NavXT plugin generates locational breadcrumb trails for your WordPress powered blog or website. These breadcrumb trails are highly customizable to suit the needs of just about any website running WordPress. The Administrative interface makes setting options easy, while a direct class access is available for theme developers and more adventurous users. Breadcrumb NavXT FEATURES (NON-EXHAUSTIVE)
- RDFa format Schema.org BreadcrumbList compatible breadcrumb generation.
- Extensive breadcrumb customization control via a settings page with appropriate default values for most use cases.
- Network admin settings page for managing breadcrumb settings for all subsites with configurable global priority.
- Built in WordPress Widget.
- Extensible via OOP and provided actions and filters.
- WPML compatible (enhanced compatibility with WPML extensions plugin).
- Polylang compatible (enhanced compatibility with Polylang extensions plugin).
- bbPress compatible (enhanced compatibility with bbPress extensions plugin).
- BuddyPress compatible (enhanced compatibility with BuddyPress extensions plugin).
Breadcrumb By PickPlugins
Breadcrumb is easy and light-weight plugin to display breadcrumb navigation to your WordPress site, easy to customize and change style for breadcrumb. You can use filter hook and action hook to rewrite the plugin without editing the plugin code. Breadcrumb By PickPlugins plugin almost working on all WordPress pages like archive, category, tags, custom taxonomies, custom post types, defult post, date, year, month, author and search page to display breadcrumb dynamically. Breadcrumb PLUGIN FEATURES
- Use via short-codes
- Display anywhere
- Custom front text
- Custom separator text
- Limit word link text
- Hide “Home” text
- Custom font size for link text
- Container padding margin
- Custom color
- Override via filter hook
Breadcrumb PREMIUM FEATURES - $9.00 – $99.00
- Hide on archives You can dynamically hide breadcrumb on archive pages like Front page, Home page, Blog, Author, Search, Year, Month, Date, Categories, Tags
- Hide by post types Hide breadcrumb based on different post types.
- Hide by post ids Hide breadcrumb based on post ids, you can use any post ids to hide breadcrumb to hide any specific post, Custom post types also supported.
Flexy Breadcrumb By PressTigers
Flexy Breadcrumb is one of the simple and robust breadcrumb menu system available for the WordPress site.
By using Flexy Breadcrumb plugin, you can display breadcrumb navigation anywhere in your website via [flexy_breadcrumb] shortcode.
With the help of this plugin you can style and format the text, links and separators of breadcrumbs according to your own taste.
Flexy Breadcrumb PLUGIN FEATURES
- SEO Friendly(added schema structure).
- Use via [flexy_breadcrumb] shortcode.
- Allow users to change breadcrumb separator.
- Set Home text and End text.
- Set Word/Character limit for navigation menu.
- Font Awesome icon picker for Home.
- Color options for text, link, separator and background through global settings.
- Set font size of breadcrumb trail.
Catch Breadcrumb By Catch Plugins
Catch Breadcrumb is a simple yet feature-rich breadcrumb free WordPress plugin that adds seamless breadcrumbs navigation to your website.
Catch Breadcrumb plugin provides customization options, with which you can tweak the settings according to your website.
Catch Breadcrumb is extremely lightweight, provides a responsive design and comes with features such as shortcode options, breadcrumb selector, separator, and more.
With these features available in the plugin, you can display the breadcrumb trail wherever you wish.
Additionally, with the new WordPress plugin for breadcrumbs, you have the option to whether or not display the breadcrumb on the homepage of your website.
Checkmark the homepage option in the settings page if you want the breadcrumb to display in the homepage.
Add sophisticated breadcrumb trails with Catch Breadcrumb and make your website elegant looking and user-friendly.
Yoast SEO Breadcrumb
Yoast SEO is a popular SEO plugin that’s often used to set up breadcrumbs for WordPress websites.
Yoast SEO plugin offers good control over how breadcrumbs are implemented on your website.
To set up the breadcrumbs, go to SEO » Search Appearance » Breadcrumbs. Enable the toggle to set up the breadcrumbs.
Yoast SEO Breadcrumb Features:
- Control Over Breadcrumbs Appearance: The plugin allows you to set up the breadcrumbs just the way you wish by changing the appearance, the separator, and related settings.
- Supports Schema: Yoast SEO supports a wide range of schema so that the search engines have a clear idea of what your website is about.
- Cluttered UI: Yoast has a lot of features that are distributed across several areas. This adds to the learning curve as users try to find various settings.
Yoast SEO plugin costs $89 and comes with one year of support and free updates.
Rank Math SEO Breadcrumbs
RankMath is a relatively newer WordPress SEO plugin that has managed to build a good community of users and also lets you set up breadcrumbs on your website.
The process of setting up breadcrumbs is straightforward. Go to RankMath » General Settings » Breadcrumbs. Enable the toggle to set up the breadcrumbs.
You can finetune the way breadcrumbs appear on your website by going through the settings for breadcrumbs.
Rank Math SEO Breadcrumbs Features:
- Optimize Breadcrumb Design: RankMath allows you to set up how visitors see and interact with breadcrumbs.
- Integration With Elementor Page Builder: Thanks to its support for Elementor, you only have to add the breadcrumbs widget, and RankMath would automatically populate the widget with the breadcrumb of the page.
- Limited feature set: Since RankMath is a new plugin, it’s not feature-rich as compared to other popular plugins, like All in One SEO.
RankMath offers two paid plans:
- PRO for $59+tax and comes with the option to track 500 keywords
- BUSINESS for $199+tax and comes with the option to track 10,000 keywords
All in One SEO Breadcrumbs
AIOSEO is a WordPress SEO plugin that offers a great number of features, including a simple way of setting up breadcrumbs.
All in One SEO Breadcrumbs allows you to display breadcrumbs wherever you want and thus improves the user experience on your website.
The setup is straightforward – you just need to navigate All in One SEO » General Settings in your WordPress admin dashboard.
To set up breadcrumbs, go to the Breadcrumbs tab, and toggle on Enable Breadcrumbs.
All in One SEO Breadcrumbs Features:
- Easy SEO setup: No matter you have a blog, website, ecommerce store, or any other type of website, AIOSEO makes it easy for you to optimize your site for search engines, thanks to our easy setup wizard.
- All Features You Need: AIOSEO is the one-stop solution for all your onsite optimization needs, including rich snippet schema, sitemaps, redirection manager, and more.
- Seamless Integration: AIOSEO lets you integrate with Google Search Console, Google AMP, popular social media platforms, and many popular WordPress plugins.
The starting price of All in One SEO is $49.50 per year.