Automatically optimizing all your images by integrating with the popular image compression services TinyJPG and TinyPNG.
- Automatically optimize new images on upload.
- Advanced background optimization to speed up your workflow.
- Optimize individual images already in your media library.
- Easy bulk optimization of your existing media library.
- Automatically resize huge image uploads by setting a maximum width and/or height for more reasonable browser display.
- Display JPEG images more quickly with progressive JPEG encoding.
- Chose to preserve copyright metadata, creation date and GPS location in your original images.
- Supports compression of animated PNG.
- Select which thumbnail sizes of an image may be optimized.
- Multisite support with a single API key.
- WPML compatible.
- WooCommerce compatible (see below).
- WP Retina 2x compatible.
- See your usage on the settings page and during bulk optimization.
- Color profiles are automatically translated to standard RGB color.
- Convert CMYK to RGB to save more space and add compatibility.
- Dashboard widget with your total savings.
- Optimize and resize uploads with the WordPress mobile app.
With a regular WordPress installation you can optimize roughly 100 images each month for free.
You can change which of the generated thumbnail sizes should be optimized on the Settings > TinyPNG – JPEG, PNG & WebP image compression page. Once installed you can also switch to a paid account which removes the limits and allows you to optimize as many images as you like.